Stellar Lumens (XLM) Forum with guides for newcomers and contributor's rewarded Check here

'!! Hot NEWS -  Send money to anyone in the Philippines over the Stellar network–for free
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average

05 like 
Jed McCaleb, December 6, 2016
[Image: New-partners--300x150.png]
This is Big.
Today, you can send money to anyone in the Philippines over the Stellar network–for free.
In your favorite Stellar wallet you can create a payment to
[any phone number in the Philippines]*coins.asia with the amount of Filipino pesos you want to send that person. Or you can use Tempo to send Euros. In either case they will receive the funds in 3-5 seconds. The recipient can cash out at any of Coins.ph‘s 22,000 locations.

This will make a huge difference in the lives of millions of people–overseas Filipino workers around the world sent $26.92 billion back to the Philippines in 2015, making the Philippines the third largest remittance market in the world.
Before we share the really exciting news about the other organizations coming on board, I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate this step forward in achieving our mission: enabling a worldwide financial network that anyone can use.

[Image: Countries-1-1.png]
Now…

Please welcome Coins.ph, Flutterwave, ICICI, and Tempo to the Stellar ecosystem and community.
These organizations coming onboard means that their customers will be able to move money from France to Nigeria to Kenya to India in real-time and securely.
We’re happy they made the decision to integrate with Stellar because of efficiency and cost, and excited to see the Stellar universe expand exponentially.
A bit about our new partners:

[Image: coins-300x150.png]
Coins.ph, a leading mobile financial services provider for the underbanked in Southeast Asia, has announced that its Stellar integration is now live. People can now send money to anyone in the Philippines that has a phone number using a Stellar wallet or from any institution connected to the Stellar network.
[Image: Flutterwave-Logo-300x66.png]
Flutterwave, a cutting-edge pan-African financial technology and services company, will use Stellar to support cross-border payments to M-Pesa, a mobile platform for money transfer and financial services. For the 21 million M-Pesa users who are limited to transacting in Kenya, this move will expand their ability to send payments regardless of whether they are based in Kenya, Ghana or Nigeria.
[Image: 800px-ICICI_Bank_Logo.svg-300x62.png]
ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, is integrating with the Stellar network to support money transfers internationally and within India. ICICI Bank is working to launch a pilot program on Stellar for cross-border payments without traditional wire fees. Additionally, ICICI Bank is launching a mobile wallet application with a Stellar backend for university and office campuses, which they will potentially roll out to a larger customer base.

Raj Chowdhury, Head of the Blockchain initiative, ICICI Bank said,
“With blockchain technology we are able to conduct business seamlessly with parties with which we had no prior relationships. Blockchain platforms such as Stellar.org are providing us with an automated technology solution to establish trust without the need for an intermediary. This technology is enabling us to conduct business a lot quicker, cheaper with lower error rates and lower vulnerability to cyber threats. It is helping us eradicate the need for post transaction settlements which are cumbersome and expensive. We envision blockchain technology playing a key role in banking in the years ahead.”
[Image: TEMPO-Blue-Yellow-300x179.jpg]

Tempo Money Transfer, a high-tech European licensed remittance provider headquartered in Paris has integrated with the Stellar network. People can now send global remittances from Europe through Tempo, and to other financial institutions, such as Coins.ph in the Philippines, which are connected to the Stellar network.

What Does this Mean?
Why this is powerful is that, by integrating with Stellar, all of these organizations will immediately gain access to all the other institutions on the Stellar network, enabling their customers to send and receive low-cost and instant money transfers.
And likewise any new financial institution that joins the Stellar network will also be able to transact directly with Coins.ph, ICICI, Flutterwave and Tempo–accessing their large and diverse customer bases.
These partnerships are helping real people’s lives—here we have some of the first, on-the-ground use cases of “blockchain” improving the world we live in. We’re proud of that.
In 2017 and beyond, we will keep adding partners to the network, continuing our mission of making a massive impact in how money moves around the world.
Well, this is an exciting piece of information, hoping to see XLM become a star
Wow this is a great tool from stellar. Thanks for sharing it's a great help specially for newbie like me. I've been into btc for years but only started on xlm couple of hours ago.
Now has been released in Indonesia that is coins.id same like coins.ph,, and you can receive 0.001 btc for verification id..
that is great.. add more features so that people will be more facinated with stellar
In case anyone want to try this, the format of the phone number includes your country prefix, so +63 for the Philippines
I have this account when coins.ph,, is still new. I earned a lot from referring my friends after they change their verification method I stop using it. But today I bought 0.011 btc trying to keep it in my account. I will withdraw it once btc increase.
(23-05-2017, 02:49 AM)ehrz22 Wrote: I have this account when coins.ph,, is still new. I earned a lot from referring my friends after they change their verification method I stop using it. But today I bought 0.011 btc trying to keep it in my account. I will withdraw it once btc increase.

no coins.ph not new site, has been life at 2016,.. and I ever receive bonus verification from them.
Can I contact you for exchange? Give me email or facebook.
coins.ph in philippines but in indonesia have coins.id same like coins.ph receive bonus if you verification
Very useful information. Thank you.
(26-05-2017, 09:33 AM)ujanginam Wrote: coins.ph in philippines but in indonesia have coins.id same like coins.ph receive bonus if you verification

yes in indonesia coins.id but I think many error in verification, they are problem with sms verification not all provider can access the verification
Thank you for this information, this  will help beginner like me. :) :)
You can Donate to My Str Address:
GC2XWHZGXF24LUWOV4UTIQHKYTLEUHVAEXKDIUFEIPUADTFRCMYVP7XI
my account verification still pending since 4 days ago. I don't know why like that I has been doing the verification.
(30-05-2017, 09:59 AM)errooss Wrote: my account verification still pending since 4 days ago. I don't know why like that I has been doing the verification.

check your account, maybe your verification account is void. repeat again your verification and make sure your ID card and selfie with ID-CARD.
always secure your coins.ph account using google 2fa and very long passwords, coins.ph is a good exchange platform here in the philippines but let us do our part in securing our coins.ph account.
GDC4EGZEYUZLBOWW4QWRMRDXEOXRGMNCA2PVXAAAZFPO7FDYK2DDLULF

Centaurus - Stellar Wallet for Android!

Thanx
Haven't tried this but Im planning one of mentioned above when I have enough stellar in my account.
coins.ph is a good bitcoin wallet in the philippines but it doesn't support stellar as of now. or does it?
coins.ph is the most reliable btc wallet here in the philippines but there is also one wallet on where you can cashout. it's rebit.ph legit btc wallet too :)
Ive been using Coins.ph since 2016. Yeah this is true one of the best from cashing in/out your btc wallet. It is reliable

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
01 information The Truth About Women and Money san2ok 2 229 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Amans1234
  Announcements 30 million lumens awarded for the third Stellar Build Challenge Forum IT 1 109 27-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: justinjaye21
  Bloom Solutions: Providing unbanked Filipinos a better way to send and receive money exclude 5 125 26-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: dzham
01 information Introducing Oradian: The Stellar-powered software that serves 300,000 people Risa 9 508 22-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Last Post: hoangthipro244
01 information Stellar at Sibos Risa 1 137 20-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Last Post: calvinnadeak
01 information Jed McCaleb and Joyce Kim on Bitcoin, Stellar, and the Future of Money Rufus 3 412 21-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Last Post: ipehsy
01 information 50 million Lumens awarded for the second Stellar Build Challenge lumutgunung 0 357 14-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Last Post: lumutgunung
01 information Stellar Report: Join the Team, BBC interview, & Lagos Risa 4 594 20-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: richardfinn
01 information Stellar Report: New Stellar Network, SCP in Chinese, & Sibos san2ok 11 742 13-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: necrofrak
01 information FinTech, Educators, NGOs: Get a Sponsorship from Stellar.org Risa 0 210 26-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Risa