Stellar Lumens (XLM) Forum with for newcomers and contributor's rewarded Check here

Tokens on Stellar
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average

Hi Guys, I would like to share this news.

Jed Mccaleb, June 12, 2017:

Everyone is talking about tokens these days. At this past Consensus conference I was at a dinner and someone from poloniex was there. People were asking him how they decided what new coins to list and how they were going to keep up with the accelerating number of new tokens and coins that are being created. The answer was basically that they can’t. No one can. It will become an increasing challenge for exchanges to not only list all the tokens and coins people are asking for but to also create the multitude of pairs between all of them.

This is another reason we hope people start moving to a more decentralized exchange model. Instead poloniex could be a Stellar anchor for the tokens and coins it does support and these could then be traded freely with the tokens other anchors choose to support. But even better would be to avoid all that and just create your token directly on Stellar skipping the need for an anchor altogether.

There is clearly a lot of hype around these things now and although many will surely fall by the wayside a lot of them make sense and are moving things forward. What is great is that Stellar is built to keep track of any arbitrary token. It makes it very easy to issue a new token out into the world. There are a lot of benefits to using Stellar for this:

Quick settlement. 3-5 seconds for a token holder to send the token to someone else.
    Cheap transactions
    Built in exchange with any other token, asset or currency in the network.
    Optionally control of who can hold your token.
    Ability to do voting, dividends or awards all in the same network.
    Unify how exchanges and others can deal with your token. If an exchange supports Stellar than it can easily list all other tokens issued on Stellar.

Let’s issue a token

It is trivial to create assets on Stellar. It was built to keep track of any arbitrary asset, or currency so can also be easily used for all these new tokens that are popping up.

Here I’ll walk you through how you do this technically by creating an example token…

Let’s say I want to make a HUG token. Anyone can send me one of these HUG tokens and I’ll hug them. I want to create 5000 of these and want to ensure the world that no more are ever created so no one has to be concerned with hug inflation.
There are wallets that provide an easier interface for many of these steps but I’ll just use the Stellar laboratory.

For more info about getting Hug token please visit this link:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/tokens-on-stellar/
Thank you for this info. Gonna read some about it.

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
Hi!  :)
wow thanks for sharing this info. now i feel that i need a HUG. lol jk
Yes, im curious about token hug and will plan to purchase 1 hug = 30 xlm.
(19-06-2017, 09:06 AM)ehrz22 Wrote: Yes, im curious about token hug and will plan to purchase 1 hug = 30 xlm.

Lol You Bought One Right?
But You Must Travel To JedMcCaleb House To Exchange HUG Tokens
Please Rate Me If I am Helping
Join Mystellar Indonesia Facebook
Join Group
Open RAiblocks Worker
Join Here
(19-06-2017, 09:18 AM)bahlulfahrul Wrote:
(19-06-2017, 09:06 AM)ehrz22 Wrote: Yes, im curious about token hug and will plan to purchase 1 hug = 30 xlm.

Lol You Bought One Right?
But You Must Travel To JedMcCaleb House To Exchange HUG Tokens

Does it really need to go there to exchange it? I read the whole post about it, maybe we need to keep it and exchange it if it can be traded online.
is that official token?
i mean jedmccaleb use it as an example. you need to hug to him to get hug token.
but i think token in stellar is a good idea
Thanks for sharing this info but still quite confuse on the process. Think i need make more research about it. Thanks anyways

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
(20-06-2017, 05:49 AM)justinecurtis99 Wrote: is that official token?
i mean jedmccaleb use it as an example. you need to hug to him to get hug token.

I emailed them and got a response that it is only an example of a token. Lets just wait in the near future Im sure they are planning to develop a kind of this.

(20-06-2017, 06:19 AM)mmhaimhai Wrote: Thanks for sharing this info but still quite confuse on the process. Think i need make more research about it. Thanks anyways

Yes, I got confused to. You can visit the link to know more.
(22-06-2017, 04:39 AM)ehrz22 Wrote:

I emailed them and got a response that it is only an example of a token. Lets just wait in the near future Im sure they are planning to develop a kind of this.

(20-06-2017, 06:19 AM)mmhaimhai Wrote: Thanks for sharing this info but still quite confuse on the process. Think i need make more research about it. Thanks anyways

Lol Yes It Only Example
Creating Asset Is Very Simple
Just
Create Trustline
And Send Asset
I Think To Do This You Better Use SAZA
U Can Add Federation And Multi Sign In SaZA
Check My Link For Creating Asset
https://www.mystellar.org/thread-2647.html
Join Group
Open RAiblocks Worker
Join Here
(22-06-2017, 04:46 AM)bahlulfahrul Wrote:

Lol Yes It Only Example
Just
Create Trustline
And Send Asset

But im really interested about the token. :)  If they will create it and give away some free tokens Wink
(22-06-2017, 08:14 AM)ehrz22 Wrote:

Lol Yes It Only Example
Just
Create Trustline
And Send Asset

But im really interested about the token. :)  If they will create it and give away some free tokens Wink
I Want To Make One Too
But I Still Learning About Adding Fed And Multi Sig
My Idea Is Making A Coin With Monthly Interest 1%
And I Want To Distribute It Like Stellar Angel 
With No Max Supply 
50% For Interest 
5% For Dev
25% For Giveaway
20% For Donation
Join Group
Open RAiblocks Worker
Join Here
(22-06-2017, 10:00 AM)bahlulfahrul Wrote:
(22-06-2017, 08:14 AM)ehrz22 Wrote:

Lol Yes It Only Example
Just
Create Trustline
And Send Asset

I Want To Make One Too
But I Still Learning About Adding Fed And Multi Sig
My Idea Is Making A Coin With Monthly Interest 1%
And I Want To Distribute It Like Stellar Angel 
With No Max Supply 
50% For Interest 
5% For Dev
25% For Giveaway
20% For Donation
Nice. Wish you success in the near future :) is it not hard to do that?
Absolutely NOT
But I Still Think Its A Good Coin Or Not
OtherWise If It Fail It Will Increase My Minimum Wallet
(23-06-2017, 11:11 PM)bahlulfahrul Wrote: OtherWise If It Fail It Will Increase My Minimum Wallet

Ah I see, If ever it succeed what will be your profit doing that?
(24-06-2017, 04:42 AM)ehrz22 Wrote:
(23-06-2017, 11:11 PM)bahlulfahrul Wrote: OtherWise If It Fail It Will Increase My Minimum Wallet

Maybe Yes 
Maybe Not
If You Are Allocating Some Token For The Dev(Like Stellar) You May Get Profit
Just Sugestion If U Want To Make token 
-Do Not Declaring An ICO Or U Will Bullied / Marked As Scam If You Dont HAve Any Warranty At That Token(Like WTT With 50 Yr Watt)
-Use Network That Suitable For You

Just Info 
Fee For Create Token In NEtwork
ETH: Still Unknown(Maybe 1 ETH)
NXT:1000 NXT
Burst:Unknown
Counterparty:Unknown
Stellar: 0.00001 XLM And Additional 10 XLM At Minimum Balances Of Issuer
Join Group
Open RAiblocks Worker
Join Here
(24-06-2017, 04:48 AM)bahlulfahrul Wrote:
(24-06-2017, 04:42 AM)ehrz22 Wrote:

Maybe Yes 
Maybe Not
If You Are Allocating Some Token For The Dev(Like Stellar) You May Get Profit
Just Sugestion If U Want To Make token 
-Do Not Declaring An ICO Or U Will Bullied / Marked As Scam If You Dont HAve Any Warranty At That Token(Like WTT With 50 Yr Watt)
-Use Network That Suitable For You

Just Info 
Fee For Create Token In NEtwork
ETH: Still Unknown(Maybe 1 ETH)
NXT:1000 NXT
Burst:Unknown
Counterparty:Unknown
Stellar: 0.00001 XLM And Additional 10 XLM At Minimum Balances Of Issuer

Compare to other coins stellar has the smallest fee . but the expensive part is if you will open to trade it in a trading sites.
Thanks for the nice info sir. Im gonna do some research about this sounds interesting :)

Sent from my ASUS_X014D using Tapatalk
Big Grin  Centaurus Address: GAHDISQFMSANQXHANP2YXVCG4UU56AACTQ56FZDYZWCUYZ72UG2NZZ75. Big Grin 
Thanks for this info :)
I think I should research futhermore about this 'coz it's really interesting :)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BOUNTY (Rewarded $$) ->  Stellar.org Bug Bounty Program briangale 19 2,184 05-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: quanvu1578
  Sticky:  STELLAR!! Get invitation mail!!! and Claim 500 XLM for FREE san2ok 131 11,730 24-09-2017, 06:16 AM
Last Post: esaendeye
22 photo Announcements Bitcoin Holders Can Claim Free 16 Bln Stellar Lumen Tokens Admin 7 1,044 17-08-2017, 03:53 AM
Last Post: tarawyn
01 information Mt. Gox and Ripple Founder Jed McCaleb Unveils Project 'Stellar' san2ok 1 847 13-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Last Post: elsherbeny
08 search Announcements Beware of Stellar Phishing Sites! arizal 23 1,465 13-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Last Post: wellsontheja
  Making Decentralized Commerce a Reality with the MOBI Stellar Network Token and DApp Stroopy 6 357 12-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Last Post: ehrz22
  Hot NEWS Making Decentralized Commerce a Reality with the MOBI Stellar Network Token and DApp strohhirn 0 156 08-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: strohhirn
  Using Stellar for ICOs briangale 2 226 04-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post: azisjesika
01 information Hot NEWS Coins.ph and its role as Stellar Anchor PaulYogi 1 274 24-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Rheno
  Stellar.org July 2017 Newsletter Forum IT 12 957 11-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: bahlulfahrul