Stellar Lumens (XLM) Forum with for newcomers and contributor's rewarded Check here

"INFO -  Differences between Stellar and Bitcoin
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average

Let’s face it, Bitcoin is the Juggernaut of digital currencies at the moment. So what makes Stellar network any different from Bitcoin you might ask; aren’t they all invisible money? Having used Bitcoin and Stellar, here are the major differences.
  • Stellar transactions are faster than Bitcoin transactions because stellar uses a consensus algorithm which resolves faster than mining.

• Stellar has a lower transaction fee.

• Supply of Lumens is to be increased at a fixed rate of 1% annually.

• Stellar network enables you to transact in arbitarily any currency/asset you can think of.
thank you for your sharing the differencies, as I know the difference, stellar is a one of best altcoin in the world
(12-03-2017, 10:35 PM)prime Wrote:
Let’s face it, Bitcoin is the Juggernaut of digital currencies at the moment. So what makes Stellar network any different from Bitcoin you might ask; aren’t they all invisible money? Having used Bitcoin and Stellar, here are the major differences.
  • Stellar transactions are faster than Bitcoin transactions because stellar uses a consensus algorithm which resolves faster than mining.

• Stellar network enables you to transact in arbitarily any currency/asset you can think of.

thanks for share concrete differencies.. the best still bitcoin. and now rate bitcoin so high
05 like 
Thanks for the info TS....   Exclamation
My Stellar Address
is
GDJXQYEWDPGYK4LGCLFEV6HBIW3M22IK6NN2WQONHP3ELH6HINIKBVY7

Feel free to send me some stellar  Big Grin
For me stellar is good when it comes to low fees, fast transactions and give aways of free lumens. But bitcoin is way better because of its value and well known world wide.
(26-05-2017, 09:34 AM)marjolo Wrote:

thanks for share concrete differencies.. the best still bitcoin. and now rate bitcoin so high

For investment yes BTC definitely worth saving.
But for fast and low-fee transfer stellar definitely rocks
.:: You could donate me STR / XLM ::.
- GCJFFZJ645AWY4ZZMAB455C2H4IND7YQUQITUFWP7J7DOCSOSEUBBY64 -
In My Opinion,Stellar Is Faster,Low Fees,And Easy To Get Coin
I never thought this coin that has ever boomed in 2009 still survive until now.
Bitcoin would always be accepted ahead of stellar as long as stellar is stil in the background
Bitcoin is the pioneer, that was maked be the leader until now, but, XRP and XLM will be kick bitcoin below them in around 5 years (my prediction).

Atellar has a huge coin, that will give market cap will increase so much on future.
stellar is like son from bitcoin,because bitcoin first launch then stellar

With this, Stellar will soon have competitive  advantage and have an edge in the market
Very good one. Thanks for sharing this. This piece of information will help a whole lot.
verry well, it's informative, makes me know more about cryptocurrency world, thank you!
stellar uses the difference algo, and has competitive advantage ; i think Stellar will have the great market

thanks for u sharing
even bitcon transfer slow and high fee transaction but the rate is very high... but stellar seem very promising, maybe in 5 year later many alt coin equal than bitcoin

thank you for your sharing the differencies, stellar is a one of best altcoin in the world
Thanks for your opinion.I think stellar is best than any other altcoins.
06 go 

Thank you for your valuable information. I also know it.
Steller currently has the advantage of speed, but many other coins do. It's good they're making major partnerships which will helps it value in the long term.
Bitcoin is bound to have its bottleneck issue fixed sooner or later, but if it takes too long some other coin will take the crown from it, and I personally feel that the biggest contender for that is at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hot NEWS Difference between Stellar Lumens and Bitcoin Indraawagin 8 2,820 23-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Mockingbird
12 demo2 Tutorial Trik mendapatkan 20 STR Dari Bekas Akun Stellar Tak Terpakai vickyjarmans 18 4,320 27-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Last Post: opay17
  Tutorial stellar wallet need to have tamnicefuture 1 732 26-12-2018, 01:44 AM
  Tutorial How to send/Activate XLM to stellar.org wallet from BITCOIN.CO.ID Haseo893 12 4,118 21-11-2018, 05:17 PM
05 like INFO - information need to know about stellar tamnicefuture 0 643 25-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Last Post: tamnicefuture
  INFO - keybase and stellar tamnicefuture 0 564 25-07-2018, 03:04 AM
08 search INFO - evaluation of stellar tamnicefuture 0 658 25-07-2018, 02:54 AM
  Tutorial How to Buy Stellar Lumens buyersguidex 4 1,365 21-07-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: pawfox
  Tutorial Get Your Stellar Wallet Secret Key Instantly Crypto 62 19,809 21-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Last Post: pawfox
  Tutorial How to Get Free Stellar Lumens Coin Indraawagin 24 8,380 19-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kadalijo